First off: Great product on the streets. It's doing a great job for what it was designed for.
But the main reason for me to get this camera was it's advertised Parking Mode (triggered by Motion Detection).
From User Manual, p. 22: (...) In Parking Mode, once the camera detects movement , it will start auto-recording; it will stop recording after 10 seconds of inactivity. (...)
Unfortunately, my camera keeps failing to properly interpret said "inactivity". Since my parking spot isn't protected by a garage door (and my landlord refuses to install one) it is crucial for me to get this to work in the intended way.
The following is a recurring scenario (sadly):
- stranger enters the garage and his movement is instantly detected by the camera. it starts recording.
- stranger is looking around between my car and the cars of my neighbors. He is in motion all the time.
- camera stops recording after 10 seconds
As a result, I was unable to proof the theft of my fire extinguisher. Also, the garage is regularly used as a public toilet (🙄), but the camera only ever records the arrival of the wrongdoers and I am unable to take legal action.
Can you please provide settings for:
- the sensitivity of the motion detection
- the duration of these recordings
I'm aware that both would result in a higher energy consumption and used storage .. but since i'm using an external power source this would still boost the usability of your product for my use case.
PS: i'm thankfull for any workarounds or even a recommendation of another vantrue camera that would suit my needs